3D Mathematics Section: Home, Camera Calibration, 3D
Scanning, Rubber-Sheeting/Warping/Morphing, Analog Digital Sensors, Cutting Heads-Router Bits, CNC Routers and Cutters, Motor Suppliers, SteppersServosPart
See Also: Foundries, 3D Technologies, Acrylic
Machine Replication Services for Sculptors
- Streamline Automation & FROG3D- Streamline’s FROG3D System takes the work out of artwork when it comes to creating sculptural enlargements. FROG3D is poised to revolutionize the way in which bronze foundries and artists approach their business. Streamline offers a cost-effective 3D sculptural system that ensures the artist’s work is replicated exactly as the original while doing away with the time consuming, labor intensive point-ups. FROG3D also offers the artist and foundries more options for either scaling the original up or down. Leap Ahead. www.3dcutting.com
- Johnson Atelier - Stone Division - 3D
scanning and replication in stone - The Johnson Atelier Technical Institute of Sculpture welcomes you to its
website. The Atelier is a full-service, not-for-profit art casting and fabrication facility whose production of
sculpture has earned us a place among the world's leading fine art foundries. The Stone Division has been in operation
since about 1997 and has world-class capabilities in 3D scanning and replication in stone. See: Cases for a photo of their machine and work. Contact: email@example.com or 609-890-2777
- Cyber F/X, Sculpture Services - 3D Digitizing, Reverse Engineering,
CNC-Sculpting, Rapid Prototyping - CYBER F/X ® INC. uses laser scanners for 3D digitizing maquettes, objects, and
people, including whole body scans. This reverse engineering data can then be imported into an animation, modeling or
CAD/CAM program, or sent to one of our rapid prototyping or CNC-Sculpting ™ machines. Designed exclusively by CYBER
F/X ®, these custom-built sculpting machines can reproduce that maquette, object, or person in polyurethane foam or
machinable wax to any scale desired. These reproductions are simply phenomenal in appearance, quality, and accuracy, and
are in great demand by leading design firms, theme park developers, special effects houses, professional sculptors,
production companies, and many others requiring accurately enlarged reproductions of three-dimensional objects. See: 3D
Digitizing, CNC-Sculpting, Rapid
Prototyping, Sculptors who have used Cyber F/X. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 818.246.2911
- William Kreysler & Associates "Artists and foundries now employ
us to enlarge their sculptures from existing small maquettes. By laser scanning the original, we receive digitized data
that we can manipulate for use with our multi-axis CNC milling machine. This machine can cut an enlargement to virtually
any size desired." See: Projects including, Fine
Art Sculpture, Theme Sculpture, Digital
Enlargement & CNC Milling, Laser Scanning, Foam, Composites. Contact: email@example.com or call 707-765-1102
- Dreams To Reality Studios - At Dreams to Reality Studios we
provide services for the fine artist, architect, Industrial and themed designer, or anyone who has a great idea !
We will take you from your idea to development, samples, overseas manufacturing, and webpage development if you need
it.Call us today and we will turn your dreams into reality. Scanning and CNC milling. See: Prototype
Modelshop, MoldMaking, Rotational
Casting Machines, Fine Art, Enlargements, Small scale sculpture services. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-313-1821.
- Scantech - 3D Scanning Technology, Any object you can scan, you can
mill out! - We are a Danish company manufacturing, installing and supporting easy-to-operate 3D laser scanners -
portable or for mounting on CNC-machinery. The scanners give an extra dimension to milling in stone, marble, granite and
wood on any modern CNC-machine. Scantech is the marked leader in high quality 3D laser scanners and our products fit all
modern types of CNC-machinery. See: Products, Users, Example of Use, Training
and Support. Contact: email@example.com or +45 57 61 84 89
- Italy: Bovere Graniti - 3D scans with sophisticated portable laser
equipment, replication in marble and granite - Un'azienda proiettata al futuro, che grazie alle più avanzate
tecnologie presenti sul mercato è in grado di eseguire ogni tipo di lavorazione su marmi e graniti. A company projected
into the future. Thanks to the most advanced technologies on the market, it is in a position to execute every type of
work on marbles and granites. Bovere Graniti transforms every type of marble and granite into works for architecture,
furnishings, and fine sculpture. See: Prodotti, Imateriali, Tecnologie. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0324 840869-70.
- Italy: Marmo Vivo - 3D scanning and replication in marble - Our
computerized working center is fully equipped with the latest accessories including a highly sophisticated laser scanner
our technical staff work with state-of-the-art CAD-CAM programmes to carry out restoration work, recreate any style of
bas-relief, shape the stone into the most intricate and refined shapes, and inlay even the most diverse forms of marble,
creating inimitable effects based on the flights of your own imagination. See: Sculpture, Fireplaces, Marquetry, Greek Keys. Contact: email@example.com or 0874/782460.
- Scansite 3D Services, providing complete laser digitizing
services "In addition to using the best 3D digitizing technologies available, Scansite offers a broad range of
services including scanner sales & training, NURBS model construction, engineering, analysis and verification, rapid
prototyping and consulting. We believe we hold a unique position within the industry because we have made a commitment
to understanding the differences between the industries most respected 3D technologies and the benefits provided by
each. As a result of our experience and expertise, Scansite is able to gain a true understanding of customer's service
requirements allowing us to provide suitable, cost effective solutions for specific applications.
- Art & Sculpture - Scale maquettes were
scanned, scaled up and the resulting data sent on to a CNC mill.
- CNC Milling - Scansite offers the latest technologies in CNC
milling, combining their quality scan data with state of the art 5 axis milling.
- NURBS Surfacing
- 3d Scanners produce point clouds. These can be easily turned into polygon models and output in formats such as .stl, .dxf and .obj. Many CAD and Animation programs can use polygon data in this form (3D StudioMax, AutoCad, Lightwave, & FormZ to name a few).
- Other software packages (ProEngineer, SDRC-IDEAS, Alias/Wavefront, SurfCam, MasterCam, DelCam and many others)
require CAD models to be bult as SURFACE MODELS or "iges128" (NURBS) format.
- Technology - Scansite is the first 3D scanning service bureau with
the sole focus of 3D digital cloning. Scansite's lab is equipped with the fastest and highest quality industrial
scanners available in the world."
- Art & Sculpture - Scale maquettes were scanned, scaled up and the resulting data sent on to a CNC mill.
- Headus (metamorphosis) - Services, "a subsidary of M.H. & E.V.
Smith Engineers, Australia. The bureau service provides the following services: 3D scanning and post processing,
animation modelling and sculptural services, preparation of data for CNC milling machining and prototyping services,
file format conversions preparation of data for rapid prototyping (.STL)"
- Western Data Technologies (Orem, UT) 3D
Sculptural Enlargements and Reductions: "Western Data Technologies can enlarge your works of art into
lifesize, heroic, monumental or any other scale you need. Just send us pictures of your art piece and we will send you
back a quote!" Your model is digitized with probes and lasers, and the data prepared for output to computer
numeric controlled (CNC) carving machines - copying and enlarging your piece to exacting degrees of accuracy. The
material of choice for milling is high density polyurethane foam. Clay is typically applied over the foam model at the
discretion of the artist. Our goal is to help the artist retain the same feeling that existed in the original
piece!" 3D Laser Scanning, 3D
- Rapid-Prototyping Supplies and Services
- Goldenwest Manufacturing Inc - Our variety of plastic materials
are used in every industry by designers, pattern makers, machinists, sign and model makers. The users of our
products are from the medical, automotive, and aircraft industries, as well as sign shops, sculptors, schools, custom
resin casters, plastic fabricators and many others that design and make various products. See: Urethane
Casting Resins - Rigid & Flexible, Machineable Plastic, Urethane
Foam Board (inc NC Proofboard), Miscellaneous Supplies
Contact: (530) 272-1133
- Flexbar - Flexbar is a designer, manufacturer, and supplier of precision
inspection and measurement equipment, gaging, machine safety guards, and all types of machine tool accessories. See: ReproRubber® Metrology Casting Materials, Facsimile® Quick-Setting Plastic
Compound, FLEXBAR Fine Proofing, and Fixturing
Alloys Flexbar Machineable Wax. Contact: Call 1-800-879-7575 for a Free Catalog.
- PMI - Precision Metalsmiths, Inc. - PMI's niche
in the marketplace is in fabricating small castings from fractions of an ounce to 10 pounds. At PMI,
we have cast over 200 different ferrous and non-ferrous air-meltable alloys. PMI machinists use our patented
Proto-Pat® material to form a precise model of a part. Using our exclusive Proto-Cast® process, the model is used to
create an accurate investment casting in the specified alloy. This process offers significant savings when compared to
other prototype development methods. See: Investment Casting
Benefits Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call
- Greg Pettengill - Our most cost effective system
consists of CNC programming using your CAD solid model in STL
file format and Desktop Machining. This has proven
to be the best method for producing accurate concept models and functional prototype parts in most cases. Although
this process has some limitations in producing certain types of geometry such as sharp inside corners, it is far
superior to additive type RP systems in speed, accuracy and cost. Our flagship is a Sanders
Rapid Prototype Machine which is capable of producing ready to cast
wax patterns directly from CAD models. Beside numerous CNC mills and lathes we have a 25 watt CO2 Laser, this is a
very powerful tool for cutting, etching and marking. It has enabled us to offer a NEW product; Laser
Engraved Rubber Molds. Now I own a MaxNC-10 model maker's mill
that is a fully functional CNC Milling Machine for $1295. It has proven to be an affordable and effective tool to make
parts and pieces that I want for my hobbies and Fine Art projects. Most of my work involves machining pattern
and model making materials but by no means are DM tools limited to them. Contact: email@example.com or call (623) 846-8410.
- CALWAX Corporation Wax Manufacturer and Distributor -The Calwax
Corporation, founded in 1965, is a manufacturer and distributor of wax and wax products servicing the casting, dental,
candle, packaging, and food industries. As experts in wax technology, we can assist you with formulation and
manufacturing. Machinable Wax, Casting
Wax, Paraffin Wax, Microcrystalline
Wax, Extruded Wax, Natural
Wax, Candle Wax, Wax
Modifiers, Specialty Waxes. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 969-4334
- Freeman Products offered by MF Composites - Machinable
Wax, Repro® Tooling Plastics, Hi-Temp
& Regular Sheet Wax Contact: email@example.com or call
- Useful Technologies - Fused Deposition Modeling
- Fused Deposition Modeling - FDM works by extruding molten material
through an x-y controlled orifice onto a foam substrate. The material comes in filament form on a spool which is fed
into the back of the FDM. The filament is pushed through heated tips on the x-y orifice as it moves and extrudes. The
motion and extrusion are controlled so that the material is deposited into the shape of individual layers of a 3D model.
These layers are usually about .010" thick, and once a layer is complete, the substrate is lowered by the slice
height and the next layer is deposited on top of the previous one. The heat from the successive deposited molten
material "fuses" the new layer to the previous one, resulting in a solid 3D part. The build envelope is about
a 9.5" cube, but Stratasys 8000 now has a larger build capability as well as a faster build time.
- Stratasys - Rapid prototyping is
finding its way into more and more businesses every day. From cell phones to medical implants, engine blocks, toys,
computers, electronic assemblies and much, much more. Stratasys’ rapid prototyping systems are revolutionizing the way
many companies go from idea to finished product. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Genisys Xs - An affordable communications tool, Genisys Xs
produces durable, polyester models with the ease and simplicity of printing paper documents.
- FDM 2000 - A complete FDM2000 system includes the modeler, our
exclusive QuickSlice software for processing your .stl file quickly and easily, and your choice of modeling
materials. ABS (acrylonitrile /butadiene/ styrene), high impact ABSi (methyl methacrylate ABS), investment casting
wax and an elastomer are available with your FDM2000 system. Material change-over can be done in a matter of
minutes. You simply select the material most appropriate to your design and output needs. Designed for office
use (no special venting is required and the system operates on standard power), the FDM2000 quickly outputs your
prototypes in engineering materials of your choice. And best of all, the FDM2000 is affordably priced and operates
from the touch of a button at your desk.
- Genisys Xs - An affordable communications tool, Genisys Xs produces durable, polyester models with the ease and simplicity of printing paper documents.
- Rapid Prototyping3D Plotting
- Sites no longer available
- SCAN technology - 3D Scanner Company "Welcome to SCAN
technology. Since 1989 we have been in the business of registration and copying objects in stone using 3D laser
scanning, CAD/CAM and CNC-controlled milling machinery. We have defined the concept called CARSO (Computer Aided
Restoration of Stone Objects). The intent is to give the Stonemason an easy access to modern tooling machinery, which
improves productivity, quality and the working environment. The system provides a powerful and easy-to-use CAD/CAM
system for efficient and fast copy milling of large and complex objects."
- 3D Art by Global Sculpture The latest world-wide development in the field
of individual and object imaging. A sculpture of your child, husband or wive is created using a patented technique (3D
scanning and digital processing). The busts are available in various materials such as stone, wood and plaster and in
various sizes. Global Sculpture industrial presents 3D scanning technology for engineering. Contact Aad
- Image Data Matrix Manufacturing Technologies IDM Technologies is an Australian based design, research and development company, specializing in machine tools, control systems and computer based modeling. They have developed a method for laser scanning and replication of reliefs featuring Laser Scan software and Opus machine tool control. Their goal is "control machine tools to engrave or mill out on the surface of material, from the precision of a gold coin manufacturing die, to plastic injection mold manufacture, to grave stone size in rock or wood. True full 3D organic form undulating surface reproduction." (Seeking Patent protection, and may not be offering services to sculptors.)